Donate a Dog
Do you have a dog or dogs that you cannot accommodate?
Donate it to Braveheart Bio-Dog Academy and make a positive difference.
What we do:
Depending on the temperament and breed of the dog it will be trained for application in personal protection, specialized odour detection work (narcotics and explosives), or tracking.
How we do it:
- Braveheart Bio-Dog academy is a professional training academy. At the head of the academy is John Greyvenstein who holds a BSc (Zoology)(Hons) and a MSc (Genetics). His Masters thesis had as its topic aspects of working dogs. He is also a DH5 A grade qualified dog instructor, as well as a SAQA accredited Assessor and Moderator.
- Our approach to dog training is professional, and founded in positive training techniques – there is no element of punishment for dogs involved in the training process.
- Braveheart Bio-Dog Academy has research facilities at its disposal, and strives continuously to make the training process more scientific and professional.
What we are looking for:
- Dogs between 3 months and 3 years old.
- A variety of races are accepted (feel free to contact us if you are unsure whether we will be able to use your dog).
- Self-assured dogs living in a pleasant home atmosphere and that has not been traumatized.
How it works:
- Contact us at Braveheart Bio-dog Academy.
- An appointment will be made to evaluate the dog.
- If the dog is found to be suitable, we shall enter into a formal donating agreement with you.
The procedures followed:
- The dog will be examined by a veterinarian, and inoculated.
- It will then be placed in quarantine for a period.
- After this period, the dog will be evaluated by John Greyvenstein, and will accordingly be allocated to a specific field of training.
Dogs that are found to be unsuited to professional word will be placed with suitable homes.
What to do:
- Contact us on (012) 734 4733 / 4474 to arrange an appointment.
We train dog’s Professionally